94 sailors representing 26 countries split it into two fleets to kick off the 2018 Laser Radial Men’s World Championship today with two races each at the Olympic Harbor of Kiel-Schilksee.
Alexandar Arian of Poland and Josh Armit of New Zealand each won a victory in the blue fleet, while returning World Champion Marcin Rudawski (Poland) and Zac Littlewood from Australia picked up a bullet each in the yellow fleet. Caelin Winchcombe, also from Australia crossed the line second in both of his races, rounding out the top five sailors.
There is plenty of racing to go in a very competitive fleet.
Top Five after Day 1:
1. Alexander Arian, Poland – 4 pts
2. Josh Armit, New Zealand – 4 pts
3. Caelin Winchcombe, Australia – 4 pts
4. Zac Littlewood, Australia – 5 pts
5. Marcin Rudawski, Poland – 5 pts
Complete Results are available during the event through the Kiel Week website.