Arco (ITALY) – Two races were completed under classic Lake Garda conditions for the first day of Final’s Series racing at the 2021 ILCA 6 Youth Worlds. With clear skies and 12-15 knot winds, the sailors were treated to a beautiful day on the water.
In the girls Gold Fleet a new leader emerged as Czech sailor, Alessia Palanti, posted an impressive 1, 2 on the day to take the overall lead by five points over Ireland’s Eve McMahon.
In the boy’s division, local favorite Mattia Cesana has moved into the overall lead and currently sits on a nine point lead over USA’s Chapman Petersen in second place overall. Petersen has sailed a very consistent series so far and holds the lowest discard score of the top-ten sailors, which sets him up well for the rest of the championship.
Final’s Series racing is scheduled to continue tomorrow under a similar forecast to today’s.
Provisional results after seven races:
1. Alessia Palanti (CZE) 12 Pts.
2. Eve Mcmahon (IRL) 17 Pts.
3. Anja Von Allmen (SUI) 24 Pts.
4. Amaya Escudero (USA) 29 Pts.
5. Sara Savelli (ITA) 33 Pts.
6. Maria Martinez (ESP) 34 Pts.
7. Carlotta Rizzardi (ITA) 39 Pts.
8. Pia Conradi (GER) 41 Pts.
9. Marissa Ijben (NED) 42 Pts.
10. Lilly May Niezabitowska (POL) 52 Pts.
1. Mattia Cesana (ITA) 13 Pts.
2. Chapman Petersen (USA) 22 Pts.
3. Martin Verhulst (SUI) 28 Pts.
4. Oskar Madonich (UKR) 29 Pts.
5. Yogev Alcalay (ISR) 30 Pts.
6. Sebastian Kempe (BER) 38.2 Pts.
7. Robby Meek (USA) 41 Pts.
8. Alessandro Maravalle (ITA) 41 Pts.
9. Lorenzo Predari (ITA) 45 Pts.
10. Jose Mendes (POR) 45 Pts.
Full results here: http://2021-radial-youth.laser-worlds.com/results/
Photos can be downloaded here: http://2021-radial-youth.laser-worlds.com/media/
Photo Credit: Elena Giolai — Immagine & Comunicazione, www.elenagiolai.com