Below you will find information about the following:
- Collection and use of information
- Basis for information collection
- How we share information and whom we share it with
- Retention periods
- Your rights
- Privacy Contacts
- Information Collection and Use
- Basis for Information Collection
- Sharing Information
- Retention Periods
- Your Rights
- Policy Changes
- Privacy Contacts
When you submit an application form to one of our Events, we collect the following information for the reasons specified:
- Name, sailor ID, rig type, sail number, sex, District you are representing – to identify and classify you as a participant in the Event.
- Birthdate – To ensure that you meet the age criteria for participation in the Event.
- Address, phone number, email address – to be able to communicate with you about the event in which you intend to participate.
- Emergency contact name, email address and phone number – to enable our Event host to reach someone you have identified who should be notified in case of an emergency involving you.
- Payment Account data – ILCA accepts data from you in order to enable processing of payments to participate in an Event, and passes that data on to a third party payment processor. ILCA does not save any payment information submitted by you other than the last four digits of a credit card number, which we may reference to you when you are inquiring about how you made a specific payment or where a refund would be sent if applicable.
When you submit a coach pre-registration form for one of our Events, we collect the following information for the reasons specified:
- Name and nationality – to identify you as an individual who intends to participate in the Event as a coach.
- Birthdate and sex – to allow ILCA to track statistics about the coaches who participate in our Events.
- Telephone and email address – to enable us to communicate with you about the event in which you intend to participate as coach. In addition, although we will not share your email address with the public, we do provide a facility for anyone viewing the list of coaches to be able to send you an email message. Our intent is that this will mostly consist of participating sailors and other coaches, but we do understand that third parties may use this facility to send you information about goods and services.
We use website analytic services through a third party to collect information about the use of our website pages. This data includes the type of device a website visitor is using (mobile, tablet, desktop), web browser (e.g. chrome, safari, etc.), pages visited, how much time is spent on different pages, and the country from which the website is being accessed.
When you access or use our Services, we need to collect, use, and otherwise process your information as set out in this Policy. We are committed to your privacy and follow a few fundamental principles when we process personal data:
- We aim to collect only the personal data that we need to deliver our services to you.
- We strive for transparency on how we use your information to comply with legal or other lawful purposes and respect your privacy.
We rely on several legal bases to use your information:
- Legal obligations – our use of your personal information may be necessary to comply with a legal obligation, a court order, or to exercise or defend legal claims. For example, if we are requested to disclose your personal information to regulatory bodies or law enforcement authorities.
- Legitimate business interests – our use of the personal information your provide to us is necessary for the purposes of conducting our business activities, consisting primarily of the organization and execution of Laser Sailing Events world wide.
ILCA shares information you provide to us with Event hosts so that they can identify and process you as a participant in a specific Laser Sailing Championship.
If you have reserved a Charter boat through ILCA, we will share the information you provide to us with the Charter provider so that they can supply you with equipment you have reserved.
We transfer payment information you provide to ILCA to a third party payment processor so that they can securely accept payment on our behalf.
If required by law, we will disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other legitimate governmental request.
Information submitted to us through our website will be retained for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected. Basic information about your participation and results in those Events in which you participate will form a part of the permanent history of the Laser Class.
Since we offer a service for members worldwide and we need to comply with regulations across the globe in regard to retention of personal information related to contractual agreements, provision of services, financial, billing, invoicing operations and tax calculations, a versioned copy of your contact, payment and billing personal data associated with your past payments may be stored for a period of up to 10 years.
At your request, we will:
- confirm what personal information we hold about you;
- update your information;
- remove your information and/or correct any inaccuracies in your personal information.
Certain personal information may be exempt from those requests in specific circumstances, which include a need to keep processing information for our legitimate business interests or to comply with a legal obligation. If such an exception applies, we will notify you when responding to your request. Please note that we may ask you to provide us with information necessary to confirm your identity before responding.