Arco (ITALY) – Lake Garda delivered spectacular conditions for the penultimate day of the 2021 ILCA 6 Youth Worlds in Arco, Italy. With south winds of 12-15 knots, 374 of the world’s best boys and girls sailors completed two more races in the quest for the championship.
Ireland’s Eve McMahon moved back into the top spot in the girls division with another pair of top-10 finishes in the fresh breeze and short chop. Czech sailor Alessia Palanti is just three points behind McMahon, leading up to what might prove to be an exciting final day for the championship.
Mattia Cesana of Italy continues to top the boy’s division, and with two fourth place finishes on the day, Cesana now enjoys a 15 point lead over American Chapman Petersen heading into the final day. Brazil’s Mathias Reimer found the stronger breeze to his liking, moving quickly up the standings into 13th overall after posting an impressive 1, 2 score line for the day.
The championship concludes tomorrow with two more races scheduled to begin at 12:00.
Provisional results after nine races:
1. Eve Mcmahon (IRL) 23 Pts.
2. Alessia Palanti (CZE) 26 Pts.
3. Anja Von Allmen (SUI) 48 Pts.
4. Sara Savelli (ITA) 52 Pts.
5. Carlotta Rizzardi (ITA) 58 Pts.
6. Amaya Escudero (USA) 58 Pts.
7. Marissa Ijben (NED) 58 Pts.
8. Maria Martinez (ESP) 59 Pts.
9. Marga Perello (ESP) 73 Pts.
10. Pia Conradi (GER) 77 Pts.
1. Mattia Cesana (ITA) 21 Pts.
2. Chapman Petersen (USA) 36 Pts.
3. Sebastian Kempe (BER) 49.2 Pts.
4. Martin Verhulst (SUI) 51 Pts.
5. Oskar Madonich (UKR) 66 Pts.
6. Lorenzo Predari (ITA) 69 Pts.
7. Robby Meek (USA) 75 Pts.
8. Iasonas Kefallonitis (GRE) 77 Pts.
9. Przemyslaw Machowski (POL) 78 Pts.
10. Yogev Alcalay (ISR) 86 Pts.
Full results here: http://2021-radial-youth.laser-worlds.com/results/
Photos can be downloaded here: http://2021-radial-youth.laser-worlds.com/media/
Photo Credit: Elena Giolai — Immagine & Comunicazione, www.elenagiolai.com