Information to Competitors About Equipment Inspection
It is mandatory that all equipment you will use during the regatta must pass through inspection. You will sign the inspection form to certify that you will not change anything without the permission of the Regatta Measurer. To change equipment, you must fill out a “Request for Change of Equipment,” bring both the damaged and replacement equipment, and obtain written approval from the Regatta Measurer. Failure to do so will result in a protest that can end in a DSQ or DNE.
How the inspection works:
- First, you will sign up for an inspection time online. If you do not sign up online before the sign-up closes, you will need to sign up manually on-site in an available time slot.
- While in line, do not jump the queue. Respect the other sailors and the measurement team – unruly and disorderly behavior will not be accepted. Please bear in mind that the people involved in the measurement are all volunteers and will try their best to make the championship a success so that you may enjoy the event.
- Your boat must be clean and DRY – remove all items that are not required for measurement; examples are extra mast sections and extra sails, foil and sail bags, etc. Unnecessary items lead to mistakes (e.g., wrong sail measured) and cause delays.
- Please prepare your equipment with only the lower section on and the boom rigged with all control lines.
- Put all other equipment on the deck of your boat. This will save a lot of time.
- You will receive a number that will be on all your equipment.
- You will be asked to verify on the measurement form your name, country, sex, hull, and sail number. If the hull number is different from the sail, you are required to fill and sign the relevant part on the inspection form.
- If required to have one, don’t put the bow number or event sticker on until AFTER inspection.
- After the inspection process is complete, your form will finally be signed by the Regatta Measurer, and you will be able to register for the regatta.
- If you have any questions, the ILCA Class Measurer will be happy to answer your queries. Don’t hesitate to ask if you don’t understand a rule.
For any inquiries on ILCA equipment inspection, please contact email@example.com